Recommend a brand computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to tigerdirect.com or .ca pending whether you are in canada or not....they always have great deals and fast shipping

you won't find much information abotu rebuilt computers here most of these poeple build there own. I wouls stay away from dell since to upgrade them you have to buy here special parts. Better to work with something like monarchcomputer.com

I bought a Gateway, and It's fine for me. It was about 150 more than what you wanted to spend. it's to 5040 model.

Emachines are built by gateway and my buddy has one. It works fine for him. Just realize, you are buying a low end computer. If you want to start playing the latest games you'll be sinking in more and more cash into it. Upgrading the Power, Upgrading the Graphics card, etc. But for a starting out machine it's hard to beat for the price

macdude425 said:
Not so good. I've had less than good experience with their machines until I literally rebuilt them. It would've been cheaper for me to build...

I totally agree im not much of a favorite of macs but when I see how reliable they are, they are definately the way to go. I see that they are much more than a pc but macs are my new gadget and I have a mini coming in soon... much to say " I cant waite! :D

I'm looking for something that's around or sub $500 and can be easily upgraded in the near future.

from what you said i dont know of a "easily upgradeable" PC for that $$$

You never did say what you want to do with your computer.

For $500 or less, you will have a pre-built computer that will be good for e-mail, word processing, older games (at least 6 months old) and other small projects.

Now, that said, be sure to ask the manufacturer which mobo they use. This is important if you want to future proof (upgrade) your computer. If they use a mobo that will only use one processor, then you are stuck.

I had this happen to me and I spent about $2000. I bought from HP and got the top of the line. However, they used a mobo that would only accept an AMD Athlon 1.4GHz. So, when I decided to upgrade to a new processor---no can do.

The motherboard is not one of those items that they like to divulge to purchasers.

I would suggest HP. Go to this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=405

This is HP's forum. You can get some suggestions from its members about a good computer in your price range. They are very helpful.

Remember that you will have to pay shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom