what set up do you have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chog, you think your's is old? Haha! Here's mine:
800mhz p3
128mb RAM
18.6gb Hitachi hdd
It's a laptop that my dad used to own, so that's really all I know about it. It's not THAT old, but I'm definitely going to be building a new desktop pc as soon as I can get the money (hopefully it'll be under $500).

My organised choas is as follows :-

DESKTOP1.jpg

Monitor wise, PYZCHOB!+C# on the right. SUPERSONICB!+C# (mainly used for watching DVDs while I am playing Ragnarok) on the left.

and here
DESKTOP2.jpg

Shows the geography on my computing area.

DESKTOP3.jpg

Close up of the 2 cases.
SUPERSONICB!+C# on the right. PYZCHOB!+C# on the left.

and you can just see the cable farm here that is behind my desk.

As for specs, see my sig.

i have a box with some components in it linked to a monitor... oh and it has a keyboard and mouse!... thats my setup!

Silesia, I don't believe that you bought all those components. Can you please post a picture of all of your empty boxes?
LOL.....sorry....didn't mean that....It was a Roo post from the Off-Topic Discussion.........still laughing everytime I think about that.

-Mike

youndkid said:
that is one huge skyscraper tower
I need the full tower for what I want to do with it. Trust me, it's not just there for show.

mikesgroovin said:
Silesia, I don't believe that you bought all those components.

Well, since have put in that way, the only parts that I have actaully paid for with SUPERSONICB!+C# was the Case as the speakers.

Most of the gut SUPERSONICB!+C# was from my last flatmate. When he left to go back home, he could not afford remaining bills. so he left me the his computer, 17" Monitor and his bond money.
The DVD SUPERSONICB!+C# was "stock adustment" at work after we found out that we had 1 too many dvd drives instock.
The DVD Drive in PYZCHOB!+C# was a forgotten Return Authorisation as we have the following policy in our company :-
All Goods returned and serviced must be picked up by the Customer within three months from the date of return. Any Goods not picked up during this time will be disposed of by the Company and no claims of the Goods would be entertained afterwards.

The Canon LBP-660 was basically my current employeer saying "I don't like this printer as I can not attach it to a printer server", so he sold it to me really cheap.

As for the HP DeskJet 3550, that was a promotion where we baught 10 hard drives, we got a free printer.

The 8xPort Switch was some thing that just disappeared from the MYOB Inventory. No one has been able to locate it electronically, and phyically. I still have another 2 switches at work that were purchased, but are just not showing up in the MYOB files.

As for a PDA, that was suppose to be a free end user give away in promotion that HP was running last year with the notebook. Some how I forgot mension this to the customer when I was selling him the notebook computer.

As for my AMD Athlon 1700.... one of my customers desperately needed an AMD Athlon 1100 or lower....
CLIENT :- I need an AMD 1100 or lower.....
ME :- If you saw me last week, I could of helped you, but now they are all gone. EOL.
ME :- (Half Jokingly) Like I have an Athlon 900 in my computer at home.
CLIENT :- I take that CPU, and I give you a brand new AMD Athlon 1700.
ME :- okay.
Mind you, this did knock me around as I needed to purchase new memory and motherboard that day. How ever, I was able to sell off the SD Ram really easily.

The GF4FX5700 256Mb video card was the product of me trading in the my old screw around computer with my boss. What he does not know was that the 90% was stuff I salvaged for verious serviced jobs at work.

The LOGITECH 5.1 Speakers, again that was an over supply from the suppliers that the boss or my account manager did not need to know about.

s for the software, 1 computers covered by the work's MOLP. As for the other was a group of hand me downs from people that were upgrading there OS.

Hard drives.... I buy 3 year warranty drives from work, use them for 1 1/2, then sell them off as 1 year warranty drives and then pay the current differents to upgrade to some thing bigger.

And to finish it off, my technology purchases are tax deductable. So in the end, I have the australian economy financing my computer.

So you are not wrong when you say that I did not buys all those componts. More of being in the right place at the right time and some of the perks of the job I am in.

Silesia why are you not using a KVM switch? it seems overly cluttered with 2 sets of monitor, keyboard, and mouse.....and speakers :rolleyes: ......oh man, i just notice you also have 2 printers. thats crazy :freak:

ekÆsine said:
Silesia why are you not using a KVM switch? it seems overly cluttered with 2 sets of monitor, keyboard, and mouse.....and speakers :rolleyes: ......oh man, i just notice you also have 2 printers. thats crazy :freak:

I can explain everything.

SUPERSONICB!+C# is just my reduntant PC. Having a KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) would not suit my needs as I need the monitor so I can watch DVD's while leveling up on RAGNAROK ONLINE. Great way of checking up with that anime backlog of mine.
So i need atleast the second montor. I guess I could get my self a Keyboard / Mouse which. But it's just as keep just to use a spare keyboard and mouse that I got lying around.

The printers. I mainly use the LBP-660 for most of my printing as it's a Black Laser. Who ever, I do have the occational time that I need colour printing done. Currently, I am debating if I run out of Ink of the colour whether or not I am to replace the ink tanks or the printer. They are about the same price.

As for the speakers on SUPERSONICB!+C# ; again, this is mainly so I can watch DVD while playing Ragnarok online. I realy do not feel like moving a 5.1 Speaker system from one pc to another. And a set of $#!+y 5 1/4 case speakers will do me find for want I want to do with computer.

The only thing that I can see that will keep my situation would be a Keyboard / Mouse switch.

At the end of the day, it the computing power that suit me and my lifestyle. If you have a better way of doing things, then that is good for you. But this is my life style, my computers, my way of doing things. :)

If you think I am crazy, you should see my bosses set up. He got a SCSI, ATA and SATA Raid in the one boss. Why... because he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom