College Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated specs:

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

SAPPHIRE 100149 Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM

SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s - OEM

Diamond XtremeSound XS71DDL 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

G.SKILL Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

$1,698.68

Great job, adm88! Now, you are talkin'.

Only one slight problem that I see -- your memory.

Again, try to avoid "Value" memory. It can work just fine, but if you are to have problems with your system, this would be the most suspect.

My sig. will cost me $1,850 with rebates at the Egg. So, you can see for a bit more than you are spending, it is possible to get good memory.

actually i would rethink the motherboard.

i whent thru 2 of that exacty same one in the course of 3 months.

the first one, the SATA controller when bad on it

the second one, for some reason i still dont nkow, all my games frames whent down alot, and the computer ran aloooot slower. and no for all you people that think it was the video card/cpu/memory/hard drive/psu...it wasnt, it was the mobo.

so i just got the asus a8n sli deluxe.

id just suggest any mobo but that one.

plus if you ever wana OC, it OCs horribly.

when i got this mobo i got this to go up to 2.67(not stable). but on the gigabyte it wouldnt go passed 2.1ghz.

wait wat? did u say u can use Dual channel with 4 sticks of ram? wouldnt that be called Quad Channel? it only uses 2, hence the name Dual. what You can do on SOME mobos is use like 2x512MB and 1GB stick and somehow use it as Dual Channel, U cannot use Dual Channel with 4! sticks.

adm88, post a topic asking if u can use 4 sticks of ram for DUAL channel, i highly doubt it.

actually nvm, since u already picked 2x1gb. its ok, but aliasaid, u make a post and ask, im sure u cant do that.

I thought you could use 4 x 512 mb in dual channel. The mobo can have two dual channels running at once, am i right?

lol john 977 posts.. i could swear a couple of days ago it was 600

but ya.. you CAN run 4 sticks in dual channel. look it up.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom