GDDR3 vs DDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petek54321

Solid State Member
The dell techie says i should look for a Video card, with a Rendering Pipelines of 8 Memory Interface - 256 bit, Pixel Fillrate (Gpixels/sec) between 2.6 - 3.3 Memory Clock (MHz) between 580 - 700 .

They say that i cant use a card with GDDR3 memory but i heard that any AGP card will work

my PSU is 460W

dell dim xps gen 2
p4 3.2ghs
2g ram
ATI Radeon 9800XT (is shot and i will be looking to replace)

my computer is a little over 2 years old can i just buy any new card and it will work in my motherboard?

Dell dumbness strikes again! Did they tell you had to get a card with those specifications, because if so, that's the biggest load of crap I've heard them say in a long time.

Any card AGP card should work provided it is compatible with your slot, and your PSU is up to the task.

also, will my computer only handle certain clock speeds because the dell tech said i should look for 500-700 for memory clock

im assuming that is wrong also because it sounds like you guys say he was full of crap

lol.. no it doesn't have to have that memory speed range..

that 7800gs is good as long as your powersupply can handle it.. which i think it will.. (not 100% sure..)

OMG, I will just mark this as another reason to hate dell. If you have a 4x/8x AGP slot, any 4x/8x AGP will work with the slot regardless what it's specs are. Your PSU should handle a 7800GS fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom