6800 GS or 7600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBCHS15

Baseband Member
which one would you guys go with if you had to pick between these two i'm leaning towards the 7600GT but i've heard that the 6800GS can overclock quite well.

I've been looking at alot of reviews and the 7600 GT beats the 6800GS in everything plus its a bit cheaper

I dunno i'm still leaning more toward the 7600 GT just because it has some of the newer features of the 7x00 series and its cheaper. Can anyone find any comparison's of each version overclocked. I've searched but i'm not having much luck because all the test setups are pretty different being as how the 7600 just recently came out.

well, i have the 7600 gt and will agree that at stock it is better than then the 6800gs. BUt when it comes to overclocking, the 7600gt definately does not overclock as high as the 6800gs. Also, though the 128bit interface does not seem like a big deal right now, but when you try to run a game with 4xAA, the 128 bit interface becomes clear of why it is better to have a 256 bit.

I got the 7600gt though becuase i feel it is one of the best bang for the buck cards. It is going for very cheap right now as i have seen it in the 150 range at newegg(with rebate) i say take advantage of this card, than ride it out till dx10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom