Troubles starting up for first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok My speaker wasent plugged in the first time....I switched both ram sticks to the yellow...havent started up yet, would like to find my speaker...haha Got to find it..

Post back with results:)

ok:)

Also I wanted to ask when I start up what should I do in order..

I have my OS disc at the ready...

I have my Mobo Disc.....??

Also I think I found the speaker thing..

It has 4 holes in it blah blah...but dosent say speaker on it...will try it any way...

Wont try start up until I find out what I need:D

Did you say if there was anything on the screen at all? Or has it been black the whole time?

It appears that the mobo has a built in speaker (they call it a buzzer) and jumpers for external speakers. See page 33 of the manual.

When you start up you should have the XP disk in the drive and it should boot to that CD.

It will format the drive for you and install the OS.

Just for laughs (as this is what I do on new builds) is only have 1 hard drive, 1 cd drive, the CPU, MEM and vid in the comp only. Nothing else.

And also try what 003 said... 1 stick of ram in the top yellow slot and see if it POSTS.

Good luck with your issue. However, in that photo I could tell that you have an NZXT Lexa case. How are you liking it? I sure love mine :).

still was not posting even with the RAM change...

I think I messed up the wireing becuase now it just wont turn on...

Mess with it tomrow and tell you what happens tomorow...

I really would do it now But I got a paper to write.

peace..

btw thanks for all your help :)

good luck,

I think u have a DOA somewhere around your machine. Ya might wanna check each part on a friends machine? :)

Ohh did i mention
Good luck?

ok you missed the floppy style power connector on the motherboard which shouldn't be a problem normally but it might help if that beefy graphics card is underpowered. i can't see where the ATX connector plugs into the mobo because that cabling is pretty shocking. like bryan said earlier check that you have the 4 pin plug connected next to the 24 pin as that would explain your symptoms, also as he mentioned shift the ram to slots 1 and 3. if that fails try the sticks seperately in slot 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom