Great RPG, or waste or money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
Is that because Fallout was made by an Australian company? :p
Interplay is US. Microforte is the australian company that did help out with programing Fallout Tactics. Not sure about FO1 and FO2.

Part from that ,
The game had not set characters. Dialogue with NPCs would be completely different depending on the character.

The game was non-linier, unlike most other RPG that have a set path. Ultimately there was goal at the end of the game that you had to save your town or bunker. How did went around doing that was up to you.

NPC's remember what you did in town. If you walk into town holding your weapons, people will treat you with a lot of caution.
I was playing a female character once and I spent some time in a local brothel once. After that, rest of the town was saying things like "You're Weird"

I can understand that now it's a bit dated. But for those players (such as myself) that want an closer experience to a tradional pen'n'paper RPG, FALL OUT was the go.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Fallout 1 and 2 were a few of the best rpgs ever I think.
That, and just about any thing that Black Isle produced. It was a sad day for me when I found out that they went belly up.

the only good RPG I ever played that had dragoon in it's name was "legend of dragoon" for the PS1. Too bad a second was never made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom