PC3200 not running at 400 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok its a socket 754 (for some reason i thought nforce4 was for socket 939 only.........) so it makes sense that its 2.2ghz since its socket 754.

well that means that you won't have to worry about dual channel... but i really don't know what you could do other than getting a matched stick.. (not saying thats the only way.. but since i'm noob thats all i can think of)

I'm stumped! But don't go out to buy new RAM just yet. Try running it with just 1 stick, and then the other first, and see what freq. they run at. Dual channel has nothing to do with the RAM not running at 200MHz. My RAM is running in single channel mode at the full 200 for instance.

One funny thing in your report is the FSB:DRAM line. It reads CPU/14. Which means, if you do the math, that the 157MHz is correct (2200/14 = 157) It just seems you have got to have a RAM divider running somewhere. Check for something in your BIOS that says "RAM Freq 100%" or 66% or 80% or something. The divider won't nescessarily look like a Fraction in your BIOS, could be a percentage thing as well.

"I've tried it with both sticks on their own and they both run at 400 MHz just fine."

he's tried that already. so i don't see hwo a mem divider could be the problem.. when its running without one on its own...

wait he got his 3000+ to 2.2GHz? then u overclocked right? an din the mean time u overclocked ur ram. didnt he? cause if its 333mhzx2 it sohuld be 666, but its supposed to be 200mhzx2 shouldnt it?

Only things I see are "HT Frequency" which is set to Auto and "Refresh Cycle" which is set to 14T.

When running either stick on their own then CPU-Z shows my memory running at 200MHz instead of 156 and my FSB-RAM goes to CPU/11 instead of CPU/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom