Temperature readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Is there anything you can get to read your temeperature, like a fan controller, but one that shows temperatures and sits in a 3.25 or 5.25 drive bay? Because once I get a little confident, I'd like to try OCing, but I want a way to view what temperature my system has in-game and such.

Hm, I can't seem to find one of those for sale over here. Is there any way of displaying your temperature on your desktop? Or do you have to go to the BIOS to see it?

To display your temps on your desktop you have to download either "Everest Home Edition" or "Speedfan" (everst is the best). Honsetly though run Prime95 and keep Everest open to check temps, prime95 puts your CPU under %100.00 load so it actually gets hotter than it ever would playing a game.

There are programs that put an even bigger load on the CPU than Prime95... But you want the ultimate test? Run Prime95 and set the priority a little higher than normal... That way Prime95 gets to use the CPU more than other programs that usualy take 1%-5% away from it for there functions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom