What speakers to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X530s are not exactly quality speakers. People love them because they look cool, and they are cheap.

Yes, but if you are looking for quality speakers, you really shouldn't be looking at logitech to begin with.

Are Creative better? That's the only other brand I can think off.

I like the design of the Z4s more too than the X-530. But I'm still deciding, it's a hard choice. I'm probably not getting them until I get my G15 and G5, but still. It's better to research these things early.

creative and logitech are on about the same level. The only things on newegg that are close to "good quality" sound would be the Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1. If your definition of "good quality sound" is the ability to turn the volume up to 11, and a subwoofer that knocks pictures off the walls, then the z-5500 or promedia ultra-5.1 might be good for you. But to get quality speakers, you shouldn't be looking on newegg, and you have to be prepared to lay down a lot more money. Thats why I use high end headphones, you can get good quality sound for a fractin of the price it would require to get the same quality sound from speakers.

I already have some good headphones, I'm only looking for some good speakers to use from time to time when my folks are out and they won't tell me to turn down my music.

003 said:
creative and logitech are on about the same level. The only things on newegg that are close to "good quality" sound would be the Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1. If your definition of "good quality sound" is the ability to turn the volume up to 11, and a subwoofer that knocks pictures off the walls, then the z-5500 or promedia ultra-5.1 might be good for you. But to get quality speakers, you shouldn't be looking on newegg, and you have to be prepared to lay down a lot more money. Thats why I use high end headphones, you can get good quality sound for a fractin of the price it would require to get the same quality sound from speakers.

pseudo-audiophile.. :p

I had the X-530's and loved them, but I just got the z-5500's last week and they completely blew away the x-530's. If you love loud and clean sound go for the z-5500's, if you just want the surround sound then I would save the money and go with the x-530's.

You kidding me 003? Sure the X-530's are cheap, but I love the sound they produce. Sure, the z-5500's sound better, but I don't think price-wise they are significantly better compared to the X-530's.
I'd say get the X-530's, I have them myself and I love them. Music and sound doesn't get distorted and the sound is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom