Air Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

csplinter

Solid State Member
I have recently installed a couple of fans to the back of my computer, as of now they are both blowing towards the inside of my case. I have one fan on my cpu, and two on my power supply (one blowing in from the outside, the other blowing towards the motherboard. My question is should my new fans (the ones in the back) face in, out, or one each direction, if the latter which one should blow in and which out.

p.s. the two fans are arranged on top and bottom of each other.

Aim both to blow OUT of the case.

Or if you have a spot for a fan somewhere up front may be a good idea to put one up there pulling in and one in the back pushing out. But if its just the 2 in the back, make em exhaust.

I'll do that right now, I don't have a spot up front, but I can certainly aim both fans out, If any one else has anything to say on the subject please do, and thanks in advance.

Well i took your advice and i'm very happy with the results, I'm getting 29fps while whirling around in circles in Halo (thats 10 trillion triangles) out of a wal-mart geforce fx 5200. Or from 275mhz core to 310mhz, and 440mhz ram to 479mhz

edit:// almost forgot, this at 1024x768, 32bit, textures and particles on high

Fans in the rear and on top of the case blow air out of the case. Fans on the front and side of the case pull air in.
The CPU fans blow air ONTO the heatsink.

its always good to have a solid circulation of air goin through your pc so that it keeps the temp down...depending on how many fans you have in the front pulling in...i would go ahead and put one of those fans in the front somewhere. Then you will have 3 fans pulling out...thats wat i do on my pc and i overclock....and i have no temp problems...but i also have 10 fans...good luck

yea thats the same with me i have like 8 case fans. But the Minimum u want is 3 fans. 1 pulling air in, 1 circulating and 1 for the exhaust.

With a properly designed case, an intake isnt even really necessary. My case has filtered inlets not only on the front, but a very large one on the bottom as well. I have 1 intake (actually acting as a HDD cooler more than anything) and 3 exhaust (2 rear, one top) not counting the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom