SLI 7600gt's or 7900gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love playing oblivion, so switcing from an agp 6600gt to a pcie 7900gt has to be like night and day.

Yeah, you should see a big difference.

I can't wait to finish my new PC, it will be a huge difference from running CS:S on 30fps at 640x480 with everything turned off, to 1024x768 with everything switched on.

I was bored so I compared 3 cards in my budget area. the forth card is just there for show I guess.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814102004,N82E16814102672&SubCategory=48

The only thing the 7900gt doesnt have is 512mb ram, and the core clock is a bit slower than the x1800xt/x1900xt

Becasue the mobo I ordered has sli, Im going to go w/ the 7900gt like everyone else said, and then possibly add another 7900gt when I get enough money.

link doesnt work ^^ my bad

anyways, I compared a x1800xt/x1900xt/x1900xtx to the evga 7900gt I was looking at. the 7900gt prety much has every category except amount of ram and core clock speed.

I forgot to add, since my moniter only allows resolution of 1280x1024, would a 7900gt be a little over-kill? I ask this becuase I dont have any plans to upgrade my moniter soon.

bad news guys. I sold my modded xbox over the weekend, and was turning it on one more time before i packed it up, and found out the fing hdd is dead. Yes, Im EXTREMELY ****ed becuse that was a lot of money that was going towards a video card. So, now im pretty much ****ed because not only do I have no money to pay for a video card, I now get to spend it on buying a 160gb hard drive. Looks like that 7900gt is going to have to wait....also, If anyone has a 160gb hdd of any kind, would they be so nice as to sell it to me? I really need a new hdd now, and then I get to start saving up alllll over again for the 7900gt.

If you 'judt' need a hdd for the Xbox, get one off of ebay cheap. I wouldn't get one off their for my personal use though.

thats what I was thinking originally. I still dont know if the guy wants his money back or if he wants me to put a new hdd in it, so Im not going to get ahead of myself yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom