problem while repairing windows xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Alright, I went to repair my windows xp because it had problems booting with a new set of ram because a file was missing and the screen suggested me to do a system repair. I know that you think I'm crazy for listening to Microsoft, but its too late to talk about that part now.

The repair was going well, I had everything installing, about 20 minutes into it, this error message comes up telling me this access point or something cannot be reached and I tried clicking the ok key, but the message keeps appearing. At this point I understand that I'm probably completely ****ed. SO i turned off comp. It boots back and tells me its gonna restart the repair.

So right now, I'm typing to you with my only working computer (obviously linux) and on my second attempt to repair. Do you guys have any idea how I can get my repair to finish.

Or maybe I should try with a legit Windows disk.

The exact message reads:

The prodcedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

As you can tell, I'm obviously on my second attempt and it failed again, maybe I should start another repair?

It's kind of late right now, thanks in advance for the help guys!

I have had this happen to me it goes away I promise :) Keep hit OK fast until it stops then the install will continue. I have had to click it more than 100 times for the install to continue then it installed fine..not sure why it does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom