Give me the Conroe 411

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what is the disadvantage of the other socket type, there is none. And 2x dual cores is impressive but your forgetting the whole point of why Intel is coming out on top. great per clock processing and power managment. Also Woodcrest is quad core but what about hyper threading I believe that makes it a "8 core processor".

as a end note gamer's probably will not get it, who cares. The woodcrest fits my daily uses and thats all that matters on my end. High power number crunching performance. This processor is pure power number crunching envirorments.

------------------------------

I could have sworn it was the "woodcrest" with these specs but it seems to be intel's other server processor "clovertown".

Il take the clovertown :D
multicore_leadership.jpg

I'll wait for everyone's OC results and get a mid range one for good overclocking and OC the crap out of it. Going to consider water cooling also.

It's my dream processor for all my encoding I do but I hope it's not too pricy. Though next time I will not be buying a over zealious video card that helps fund the uber processor a bit.

Ok, if the sever cpu is going to be the Clovertown. What is the Woodcrest? Where does it fit it?

SO about me moving to Intel lol. If i could afford a dual processor AMD setup w/ S940 i would. Do they make them in AGP or PCI-E flavors? I would totaly use a server for that shiz. So about these Conroes and Woodcrests. Which one will be dual and which one will be quad. Also which one will be the cheapest? Oh yea, what socket might i ask? Sorry know nothing about new Intels.

Tyler1989 said:
Also Woodcrest is quad core but what about hyper threading I believe that makes it a "8 core processor".

I suggest you read up since HyperThreading is so much crap, Intel did away with it completely with the new processors.

FYI - Opteron 800 servers are capable of 8 cores.

Wow I can't wait to get a 2.4 ghz Conroe. Those things are supposed to OC like mad. You should be able to OC em to 3ghz+, imagine that performance for $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom