WINDOWS error while installing new RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Just bought some OCZ PC4000 ram from Aspire.Comptech. It worked fine on his rig but when I tried to put it in mine, wiindows does not boot normally and instead I get this screen telling me one of my System files are corrupted. It also tells me to try to repair this file. When I boot the machine with the windows disk, the windows boot thingy never fully loads. I swap back my old ram, everything is fine, and I also tried putting my windows disk in when I used my old ram and the windows boot disk, loads fine.

Should I try repairing windows with my old ram and see if windows will boot with the new ram? Will repairing windows mess up any of my current files?

try installing linux with your new ram I'm currious to see if linux will set any as bad blocks and ignore them a feature windows currently doesn't have.

Hmm, I might try that but I don't have any room left in this HD and I don't got any spare harddrives that doesn't contain important files.

Alright, Linux is pretty much out of the question.

I forgot where I put my copy of memtest, might try that.

I tried plugging the ram one stick at a time. One ram seems to run fine and the other seems to have problems.

Might send this back to OCZ for a new pair of ram. I don't think it takes another test to prove that its faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom