SLI 7600gt's or 7900gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually found a deal on an OCZ psu here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155

so the OCZ psu + dfi lanparty mobo = ~200

that leaves 250+ whatever my 6600gt/jetway mobo sell for, which should be enough for the 7900gt. Anyone think my 6600gt/jetway mobo will go for over $150? only been used for 2 months tops.

Ive got the psu and mobo sitting here in my newegg cart, all I gotta do is send payment. Justwwaiting on what others think of the PSU before I buy it.

xenium said:
and yes, that heatsink does look weak/pathetic on a 7900gt.
the 7900 GT has a much more efficient chip. it uses a lot less power and produces less heat than the 7800's, as well as performing faster.
aliasaid said:
looks to me that he wanted it...

but i guess he didn't have enough money.

x1900xt > 7900gt
yes, but $ of X1900 also > $ of 7900 GT
but the performance difference is not much.
in some games the 7900 GT beats the X1900 XT

Who cares just get over it dang.So what it not really a fact of performance just their quality.Nvidia has fewer problems and ATI doesnt have the best track record as far as drivers.The only ATI card I had was a Radeon 7000 about 8 years ago :(.Nothing but problems then I switched to a Nvidia card and never went Back.

fr34ky said:
Who cares just get over it dang.So what it not really a fact of performance just their quality.Nvidia has fewer problems and ATI doesnt have the best track record as far as drivers.The only ATI card I had was a Radeon 7000 about 8 years ago :(.Nothing but problems then I switched to a Nvidia card and never went Back.

you had problems with your radeon 7000?!?! oh CRAP! WAIT TILL THE WORLD HEARS ABOUT THIS. ATI IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.

how silly of me to ever doubt the superiority of nvidia.

i will definitely "get over it" now.

apokalipse said:
the single 7900 GT will perform better. it has 24 pixel pipelines.
the 7600 GT has 12 pixel pipelines, but SLI does not give twice the performance. only about 1.5 times on average.

Actually the 7600gt's are good for sli'ing. On a couple of benchmarks I saw it added 80-90%. I think he should go with the 7900gt also.

ordered the OCZ psu and the dfi lanparty mobo last night.

Ordering the 7900gt right after I sell my 6600gt/jetway mobo.

thanx for all your help guys :D

looking at those charts, the 7900gt just gets stompted:eek: But that was when the resolutions were really really high. The highest reolution my screen lets me go is 1280x1024. yes, its an old shitty dell monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom