so windows cant handle more than 4gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
if windows strugles when you put in 4gb or ram, and goes slower, would using a differnt OS be able to tkae it, is tit the os that cant handle it in the first place?

Windows doesn't stuggle when you have 4 gigs of ram in it handles it just fine. And yes Windows Server 2003 can handle mroe than 4 gig I'll assume XP x64 can as well.

actually Windows XP doesnt use more than 3 gigs, so it slows it down a bit because Windows cant handle it that well. but best performance is to get 2gig dual channel.

1. You need to specify what version of windows because yes some versions do go above and beyond 4 gigs with no slow down.

2. 2Gigs isn't enough for me I wish I got 4Gigs when I was building. So sometimes it is worth it.

2GB is plenty for now......

HAHA get a server build, 64 GB of RAM....Quad AMD 280 Italy socket 940 cores...:)

OMG did u guys here about that huge computer with somwhere around 24,000 processors and the 1.5Petabytes of Ram? and like Exabytes of hard drive storage ( the hard drive part i think i exagerated just a lil) :p

2Gigs is no where near overkill as many would like to say it is I use around 80% of my 2Gigs of Ram daily and sometimes I max it to the limits.

3gig is about to become the norm and 4gig. I wish i had TurboFX55s machine w/ 6gig. I could really use that w/ the amount of dvd work ive been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom