Missing CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan

Solid State Member
I had sent my computer away to get some updrades on the ram and the harddrive. I had ask them to remove three extra CD drives had just appear there, I didn't know why they were there or how to get rid of them. I just got my computer back and it runs great now, but now my cd drive I use ( the one that is plugged into my computer) is not there any more. The three that just appeared on my machine are still there. I was thinking that they unplugged it to plug in my new harddrive, but I check to see if it was plugged in and it was. It was plugged into the secondary slave, so I unplugged it and plugged it into the secondary master, but that didn't work. So i'm all out of ideas. Can you guys help me get my oringenal CD drive back and help me get rid of the three I dont need.

Try this:

Right click on my computer, click manage, go down to Disk management.

If there is a CD drive showing up in there then right click on it and say change drive letters and paths. Then give it a drive letter, and you should be all set.

If that doesnt work post again.

Well i figured out how to get rid of the extra cd drives myself, by useing device manager, but i still can't figure out how to get my origanal back.

Mr_Threepwood your idea did not work, the three extra drives showed up but not the one i need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom