gaming computer opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah go with Dual core. Though not too many games right now take advantage of it, many games coming out will. Did you mean to type 2 X 1GB? Cause 4 X 1Gb is overkill. But 2 x 1gb is better than 4 x 512 Mb because it allows for furture upgradability.

slick_tech15 said:
Wow, that rig Greenradiance built you is far better than the one you made. Except, I would get the DFI Ultra-D motherboard because it OC's very well and is way cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
You could OC the **** out of that computer.
500th post!!!!!

I second the motion for the DFI Ultra-D.

If you are going to purchase the Opty, then you will no doubt want to OC. The Ultra-D is a monster OC'er.

For info on DFI boards, go to this link:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php

There is anything that you want to know about DFI boards and OC'ing. The members are great, also! (Of course, I am a member.)

There are "guides" to everything from which PSU is best to a pictorial guide to building your first system on a DFI Ultra-D.

One change I would make is the PSU. Go with the "OCZ Powerstream 520", $134.99 at the egg and you will be set.

Good luck.

It's better to go with 2 X 1GB Dual, than 4 X 512. (See my sig.)

Yes, you are correct. DFI doesn't officially support the Opty, but go to the link that I provided and you will see how many of the members are using them.

As for dual core, I would suggest getting one. There are several games that have updates available to take advantage of both of them. It will also future proof your box considerably.

so if i get the dfi ultra d board and the opty it ill work even though it doesnt technically suport it, i wont run into any trouble in the future?

Yes, Ultra-D is probably a better choice. What I showed you was something that I had made in my spare time. Its basically yhe best gaming PC I could think of, without going crazy like Dual 7900GTXs and stuff. MSI K8N Diamond Plus is one of the best motherbaords out there, but there's no harm in going with the Ultra-D.

Lord AnthraX said:
neither are worth the money at all...

But if you had to pick Def SLI.

I agree.

From everything that I have read, it doesn't make sense to me, to pay 200% for two video cards and receive approximately 30% to 40% boost in performance.

Not a good return on investment no matter how you look at it.

and most times u dont even receive a 30% boost, i guess it depends on which cards u get.

Definitely go with the DFI mobo, great rig Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom