AC5 Leaving on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
I left my PC on full straight for about 3 days. And left pc on for about 12 hours for 2 days. Will this affect the quality of the AC5 contact - I have 32oC of my AMD athlon x2 4800+ so its not too bad i dont think.

approximate sum

24*3 = 72
12*2 = 24

Total = 96

200 hours is the official time it takes for the AS5 to get into the little vaccuum holes, so you still have a bit to go. 32*C is excellent though, you can't ask for better. I don't think I've seen anything lower than 30*C Idle with air cooling at room temperature (assuming you're not outside in a blizzard).

Get Prime95, do the Torture Test, and use SpeedFan to monitor the temperatures.

Have you overclocked yet?

Nah i not overclocked yet. I want to be sorting airflow in my case first.

So you don't think i have jepridised the quality of my AC5 too much by doing this then?

ITS AS5!!!!!

sorry I had to say that....

any way no your all good. I suggest you reading up on some OC guides and giv it a shot...but first like green said, run 3DMark 06 , Prime95

Well what you did IS unorthodox, the recommended way is to turn your computer off when you go to bed, and turn it on when you wake up, and do this for 2 weeks.

I'd do that from now on, but I don't think there was anything negative from what you did.

Amidamaru said:

24*3 = 72
12*2 = 24

Total = 96

??? Whats with the mathematics?

It is best to turn your PC off, and let it rest and then turn it back on, as well as doing vaired work loads on the PC. I don't know if it makes a difference though.

Seeing as thermal paste has come up, and your question answered. How often are you meant to replace the thermal paste?

The maths was too show the half days and full days. I will turn it off tonight - I just wanted to do some stuff on my PC and leave it idle. I have a few stuff to the PC tomorrow so I will be able to turn it off for that.

Thank you for the advice.

Green Radience said:
200 hours is the official time it takes for the AS5 to get into the little vaccuum holes, so you still have a bit to go. 32*C is excellent though, you can't ask for better. I don't think I've seen anything lower than 30*C Idle with air cooling at room temperature (assuming you're not outside in a blizzard).

Get Prime95, do the Torture Test, and use SpeedFan to monitor the temperatures.

Have you overclocked yet?

I get 20*C at idle with the stock HSF and stock thermal pad with my AMD Athlon 64 3200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom