amd 4200 high temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
Ok right now my cpu temp is 68 celsius!!! pretty high i think. i got the tt tsunami with a 120mm exhaust and intake and a 80mm blowing on my 7900gt and a 92mm blowing on my golden orb. why is the temp so high?

Im not really sure why this would be but did you use any thermal paste on the bottom of the hsf? i have the tsunami and found that having the back fan blowing out air, the side blowing in and the front 120mm blowing in (originally out) make mine cooler by about 4-6 degrees and my mobo up to 8 degress lower. still even if it went to 63 thats still quite high but they can take temps of 85-90.

yeah when i first turned it on this morning i watched the temps go from 54 celsius up to 93 celsius, now its finally going down. I put as5 on the processor. I have the front 120mm blowing air in, the other 120mm exhaust, the 92mm on the side i replaced for a higher cfm fan that blows directly onto the cpu. maybe when u first turn on your new processor its hot for a while? ill be getting a bunch of higher cfm 120's so maybe thatll help. im just scared cause everybody else's temps are like half of mine.

Make sure you securely fastened the heatsink onto the CPU and there is contact with it

k i just cleaned off the heatsink and processor, put a new layer of as5, and now my temps are where they should be, the 30-40 range. that was really weird!

Not weird at all, chaces are that the HSF wasn't making contact with the CPU. What you just did was "reseat" the HSF, which is the recommended course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom