AMD 3700+ San Diego OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

In Runtime
Does anyone know how can I oc it further? My temps are low, should i lower RAM to 150mhz? (currently its on 166) and increase the voltage?
Thanks.

Have you made sure its stable with Prime95? Make sure its stable before you do anything else. What kind of RAM do you have? Unless your having problems with it booting up or running stable, i wouldnt lower the divider, in fact i would really try on lowering it. You have it donwclocked quite abit already.

I got OCZ extreme series (2 x512).
I didnt change the divider because 11 is as high as it goes anyway. I also got decent cooling (one of those big zalman fans) and temps are around 36-37C.
RAM is currently running at 166MHz and 2.81GHz is as far as I can go with 166, I dont really want to downclock the RAM anymore because it would be pointless OC.
I also seen some people OC the 3700+ to 3GHz, you think I'll be able to get to 2.9 at least?
Thanks in advance.

You're clearly not stable considering you got a huge rounding error in prime in under an hour based on what I'm seeing there, although you wanna run the torture test with large in place FFTs for better results

Either way you have some work to do, I have no idea what steps you took to get those initial results so I have no idea how stable that really is, however you need to run prime for about half an hour everytime you bump up clock frequency and if it fails, you have to bump up vcore until it passes through

If you don't wanna overclock you ram, you'll have to lower your divider again to keep your memory frequency below 200mhz

I want to oc ram as well because that's why I got it, for oc.
ATM, its running at 166MHz, and what voltage should i go untill?
I don't really wanna burn the cpu, I wanna have it for a while.

Ok well that ram will give you a quite some room for overclocking and btw that's a huge *** prime error. You might want to think about bumping your voltages up to like 1.425 or 1.45V and go from there.

I have no idea what BIOS you're using but if you want to overclock the memory it'd be easiest to start from scratch especially since your CPU isn't stable anyways

So go into your BIOS and restore all default and then make apply the following settings:

CPU VID: 1.30v
CPU VID Special Control: +110%
CPU Multiplier: 11x
HTT Multiplier: 4x
DRAM +0.05v: Enabled
vDIMM: 2.6v
CAS: 3
RAS to CAS delay: 3
RAS Precharge: 3
TRAS delay: 8
Enable 1T Latency: Enabled
HTT/RAM Ratio: 1:1/200:200
HTT Frequency: 210
LDT Voltage: 1.4v
Chipset Voltage: 1.7v
PCI-E Frequency: 100MHz

No idea if you have extended memory latency options or if you want to toy around with AMD64 tweaker however if you want the highest memory overclock possible it's definetely worth your time. Those are just your basic settings that will be good up to 250HTT and possibly beyond if you so choose

Anyways, start there and immediately start-up a copy of memtest and let it pass at least one successful test to rule out most memory instability issues (you shouldn't have ANY issues with memory until at least 230HTT unless you're using BH-5s in which case I'll give you the correct adjustments), then boot to windows and run prime95 with large inplace FFTs for about half an hour. If it passes, boot up again and increase HTT to 220 and repeat until you get issues with either memtest or prime95 and then lemme know

I can't see where you can change cpu voltage, i don't see it in bios.
My bios: Award(06/23/05) on DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D

It's in Genie menu in the bios, as I said, CPU VID control + CPU VID special control is what it's labeled as

Yep thats it, however after setting them to what you told me i restarted and i got this long beep, then again so I had to clear cmos. I couldnt find where you OC ram, or im just dumb. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom