building a comp... need help selecting parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigafan09

Solid State Member
I am going to be building my first computer. I have selected parts, but would like some help to make sure they will all work good together. Any suggestions on changing one of the parts i have chosen are extremely welcome. Also, if I am missing something that I should have please let me know. I am also looking to shave a few hundred dollars off of the price, but that is not of great importance. I want to spend around $1500 dollars, but deffinately no less than $1500. All of the parts I have selected come from newegg.com, if you know of a place I could get it for cheaper please let me know.
And now for my current selections....

Case:
NZXT LEXA-NP Black/ Silver Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail
Price: $124.99

Motherboard:
EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLi Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Price: $135

Hard Drive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 300GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
Price: $135.00

Memory:
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
Price: $188

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail
Price: $355

Video Card:
eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256-P2-N553-AX Video Card - Retail
Price: $179

Power Supply:
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 550W Power Supply - Retail
Price: $84.99

Dvd Burner:
PLEXTOR 18X DVD±R DVD Burner included Replaceable beige front bezel Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model PX-760A/SW BL - Retail
Price: $99.99

Keyboard:
Logitech MX 5000 Black Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard - Retail
Price: $113.99

Floppy Drive:
SONY Black Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF920 Black - OEM
Price: $9.99

Monitor:
NU QL-711V 2-Tone 17" 8ms LCD Monitor Built in Speakers - Retail
Price: $199.99

Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2 - OEM
Price: $144.95

UPS:
APC Back-UPS BE350U UPS - Retail
Price: $43.99

Total Price: $1814.88

Once again I would just like to say that any and all suggestions and recomendations are welcome. If I am missing something please let me know. I need to know if these parts will work well together because this being my first time building a computer I want it to go smooth and of course to actually work. I am looking to spend at least $1500, but not much more. Like everyone else, I want the most bang for my buck so the main reason for this post is reassurance and to ensure that that is what I'll be getting. This is to be a gaming machine. I believe one of the most strenuous games out now is Oblivion, so would this configuration run it on high settings? Also, is building a computer really difficult? Because I am 15 years old and getting this money from my mother, it would be extremely horrible to have nothing to show for it (as well as get me chewed out for years). Thanks!

What are you going to use this PC for? If for gaming, replace the CPU with the Atlon 64 X2 3800+, and get the better NVidia 7900GT. Should work you out to be the same price I think!

yes its for gaming... is there a big diff between the 3800+ and the 4200+?? I mean performance wise.

Dont get that keyboard.

Get either a G15 or Saitek (wich ever you perfer) and A G5 mouse.Save alot of money :)

get a 7900 GT...7600 isnt all that great...

I wouldnt get that motherboard either...look at what DFI and ASUS have to offer:)

Also I suggest getting a 3800+ or 4400+....both are solid.

wow so much good feedback already!!
this is the best forum i posted this to yet
thanks and keep it comin!

Well, of course there is a difference in performance between the 3800+ and 4200+. But the way I understand it, today's games demand more from your graphics card than your CPU. You might for example only see a framerate difference of 3-5 FPS between those CPUs, but a difference of 10-15 FPS between the 7600GT and 7900GT. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong! Cheers

A 7600GT is actually pretty good. It's better than a 6800GS, and In Oblivion, it's not that much far behind the 7900GT. But yeah, a 7900GT would be better. I'd personally get a 7600GT, then sell it when G80 comes out and get one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom