reformatting windows, don't want to loose music

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecluse

In Runtime
i plan on reinstalling windows.. the last time i did this i just saved all my music to my ipod and when i reinstalled itunes it said i had to register this new computer to play my songs. so i'm down to 1 or 2 computers for my music.

i don't really want to take the time to burn it all to CD-Rs, can i just put it all on a DVD-RW?

will itunes yell at me for trying to put the songs on a "new" computer?

you can put the music back(most people don't know this). go to folder option and check " show hidden folder and file. you can now see the music in your ipod.

it will be stupidly organized, but you can fix that. make you a folder to copy the files to or copy them to itunes music folder. go to itunes preferences and check '' let itunes organize my music". they will put them back in in order by the artist name

Or if you have partition magic or some kinda of disk manager, you can partition a space on your hard drive, copy your music there, format your system partition on the re-install (make sure your don't touch the other partition. And when you reinstall windows it'll be there.

But EricB's got a way eaiser way

EricB said:
you can put the music back(most people don't know this). go to folder option and check " show hidden folder and file. you can now see the music in your ipod.

it will be stupidly organized, but you can fix that. make you a folder to copy the files to or copy them to itunes music folder. go to itunes preferences and check '' let itunes organize my music". they will put them back in in order by the artist name

so this will keep itunes from thinking i'm putting my music on a new computer?

itunes tries to hide the music folder so you can't go copying your music to everybody's else computer.

but it's that easy to defeat it on a pc. with a MAC you have to buy 3rd parties tools to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom