Buying a Barebone system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gull

Beta member
I've recently been considering buying a barebone system, since my current system is bulky, noisy and has few options for upgrading. Anything in general I should be aware of or take into consideration?

Also, can I just take hardware out of my old computer and put it into the barebone, so long as the slots, connectors and capabilities of the power supply support them?

The main thing to be aware of is the PSU, as they are quite weak (250w etc.) so you may have a graphics card that will need more than that.

Be aware also of the temperatures, as there isn't great airflow/room for big fan. Make sure you get a syringe of artic silver 5 to put on your CPU to give it the best chance of a good temperature.

You need to check that it has the appropiate graphics slot, as it may not have one.

I've checked to see that it has the graphics slot I want (PCI express x16) And my old computer has a 230watt PSU...this one has a 250. Think I could put the hardware in this one and a graphics card into the barebone without overdrawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom