"temp" folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is what i did i went to
start
find
files or folders
and typed in *.tmp
and hit find now. it found a bunch, so are u sure it is ok to delete these??

sofraven said:
here is what i did i went to
start
find
files or folders
and typed in *.tmp
and hit find now. it found a bunch, so are u sure it is ok to delete these??

I wouldn't, alot you can but until you find out what some of them contains.

You can clean your computer up by double clicking on My computer and right click the C drive and goto properties & click on disk clean up on bottom.

And you can also right click internet explorer and go down to properties and clean out your history and cookies and also your internet logs from there.

Nightman

They are .tmp files, they contain temporary data from every document ever opened for purposes of holding that data until the next "save" is clicked. It is perfectly okay to delete them.

Although, disk cleanup does the same thing (deletes .tmp files)

Re: Nightman

brahm said:
They are .tmp files, they contain temporary data from every document ever opened for purposes of holding that data until the next "save" is clicked. It is perfectly okay to delete them.

Although, disk cleanup does the same thing (deletes .tmp files)

Hi brahm, I quess so, I'm just tight when deleting things before I know, even when it comes to the windows directory/ system32 Some temp contain uninstall or other commands info NO? Not sure on this one. I never really bothered with my temps but just used the clean option.

It's just I my self might not delete everything before I know for sure.

thanks brahm.

i appreciate everyones opinion but lets here some more possitive before i accually delete anything?? :(

sofraven said:
i appreciate everyones opinion but lets here some more possitive before i accually delete anything?? :(

Possitive, possitive, possitive :D Go for it, temps are temps I just never did it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom