Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya it sounds like a reasonable plan.. i wouldn't expect miracles tho.. because in gaming the vid card is the trump.

what kind of ram do you have tho? how many sticks is it? how fast.. etc.. important to know how well it'll go with your new system..

aliasaid said:
ya it sounds like a reasonable plan.. i wouldn't expect miracles tho.. because in gaming the vid card is the trump.

what kind of ram do you have tho? how many sticks is it? how fast.. etc.. important to know how well it'll go with your new system..
I posted my RAM above.

Thanks for the advice, I will look at new video cards once I have the right money. Any recommendations?

When I last bought a new card it was my 6200 and that was pretty simple, but these days there are so many cards out there that its just all numbers to me. :(

lol i can barely read that.. but looks like 2 sticks (i think) so 2 X 512 of 2.5-3-3-7. i can't read the speed tho.. does that say 166 there? do you remember if this ram was pc3200 or pc2700?

aliasaid said:
lol i can barely read that.. but looks like 2 sticks (i think) so 2 X 512 of 2.5-3-3-7. i can't read the speed tho.. does that say 166 there? do you remember if this ram was pc3200 or pc2700?
Sorry man, its 166.

And no, I couldn't remember if you put a gun to my head. :)

lol i don't think the 6200 is that old, lol. its the low end of the 6*** series.. so.. last year? maybe 2yrs ago..

so ya tell us the number next to "frequency".. and also.. in case your mobo downclocked your ram.. if you bought pc3200 or pc2700 ram...

oh ok then.. well worst case scenario is that your ram is pc2700. it won't be great but it will be usable in your new rig.. looks like you'll be able to use it in dual channel.

best case scenario is that its pc3200 ram but since your fsb is 166 (or 533) your ram gets downclocked.. or even for some other reason your mobo downclocked your ram..

aliasaid said:
oh ok then.. well worst case scenario is that your ram is pc2700. it won't be great but it will be usable in your new rig.. looks like you'll be able to use it in dual channel.

best case scenario is that its pc3200 ram but since your fsb is 166 (or 533) your ram gets downclocked.. or even for some other reason your mobo downclocked your ram..

Ok, thanks.

In which case it will do me for the time being, but I will need to replace it in the long term..

lol we keep posting at the same time...

click on SPD tab on cpu z.. i think it should say there.. check all 4 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom