Help-Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4babalu

Beta member
Toshiba Satellite M55-S3511 - Laptop

Hello all you teckies, hope you can help!!! My daughter just bought this laptop and of course she paid a her last pretty penny for it about 3 week ago. Her teenage children were using it and someone other than them, of course, spilled liquid on it and now I guess it's fried. Won't boot up or anything, HD is not turning. She is so devistated she could cry. She bought extra insurance for it, 'accidental handling' but that doesn't include data retrieval. I have been looking around on this and other sites as to whether or not there is 'data retrieval software' or something I can use to try and retrieve the data. Lots and lots of pictures and 'no' she didn't back anything up. Yes, she will get a new computer or that one will be fixed but...... Does anyone out there have any suggestions other than sending the HD to a retrieval company that costs way too may $$. I know she would be very appreciative for any help you can offer.
Thanks,
Gayle

Most likely the data is still in tact so long as the hard drive didnt get soaked with liquid as well. First you need to purchase an external enclosure so that you can remove the hard drive from the laptop, install it into the external enclosure, connect the external enclosure to your Desktop via USB. With any luck you will see a new drive letter under "My Computer" and able to access the data. One of these should work out ok for ya..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145329

Also you shouldnt need data recovery software so long as the hard drive is in good shapre. Usually with liquid spills in laptops I see mostly motherboards get tourched and sometime RAM. Usually Hard Drive is ok.

I would try whiping it down with a paper towel, just to make sure there isnt any liquid, and plug it into another comp you dont care about :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom