Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

railmaster7

Baseband Member
im buying 2 HDs for my new computer and im making one my OS and the other files and games. if i wanted to buy another HD for my files and games backup (or OS) i would then set up RAID?

There are several RAIDS, but the main ones are RAID0 RAID1 and RAID5

RAID0 is combining 2 drives to make it appear you have 1 drive having the space of the two drives. This gives you a speed increase.

RAID1 is having a mirror of the other drive, so if one fails you still have the information. Great for a server.

RAID5 is having a minimum of 3 drives with one of them being used as a backup per 5 drives, so you can get all your information back if any one fails. But it has a sacrifise of speed.

railmaster7 said:
im buying 2 HDs for my new computer and im making one my OS and the other files and games. if i wanted to buy another HD for my files and games backup (or OS) i would then set up RAID?

You dont have to set up raid, raid is only used for performance and cutting down loading times. Putting those two hdd's in raid 0 would be a good choice. Then just adding the other hdd as a separete one for your backup is what most people choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom