Is LCD good for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"CRTs: love 'em or leave 'em?
CNET rounds up five affordable CRT monitors

By Justin Jaffe
(December 11, 2003) "

lcd technology has advanced a lot since 2003.

Im sorry but I like to play games but not on LCD screen's.

I dont care how fast the Lcd screen is I end up seeing the actual pixles on the screen and I do not see that on my CRT (NEC 2111sb) at all.

At work there are some nice ones there (Eizo Flexscan L997-BK 21.3-INCH Black LCD Monitor cost about 2000) which are far from bad but I still notice some things about them, and one is the pixels. Not the blurring motion pixels, but the little rectangle boxes on the screens. I also use some drawing programs and Pictures just look better when viewing up close on a CRT, at least for me.

Now I do also have a HDTV hooked up to my pc and it is great for watching movies back from the screen but up close I cant even think of switching.

Also the resolutions on many of them can't not even come close to the bare min that I use for gaming 1600x1200. I also do not like the point that some pixels can go bad, and most places wopnt even take it bacjk unless you have 15 or more or have 4 together.... blah blah blah... I swear they make up the requirements as they go along.

Most LCD screens are maxed at 1280x1024, and for the ones that can make the 1600 mark the cost is close to 800 and up.

socom36252 said:
Ive been looking around at some LCD monitors, but im not really sure what to look for. i mean i know you want a low response time, but what else. Does CRT have a response time? Can someone explain the difference, pro and cons of LCD and CRT monitors.
CRT's do have a response time, but the response times on CRT's are so fast, you just don't bother with it.

Yea I play most of my game's in 1600X1200 Oblivion (mostly INI tweeked, and most things maxed)
FSP outside is about 22-25 / indoors about 29-32
I kno that people have better FPS than that but its very playable at my norm resolution, I would rather have 1 or 2 tiny, little studders during a occasional fight, and see a very very beautiful world before me. Than the other way around.

Fear (think I had to turn settings down just a touch), Doom 3, etc.

Im not saying that LCD's suk and that mine is better, but just my prefered screen over LCD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom