first build/ everything A+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i posted makes me want to save up 1650 and build it, but maybe with conroe-compatible parts.

apperantly conroe will work with 975X, alot of people on XS (xtremesystems) forums are making conroe ready builds too.

I don't plan on Oc'ing
I might in the future, but for now I don't think I will need to.
I will play CSS and BF2 on this machine.
Maybe alittle of WOW. Also, BF Vietnam.
My budget will let me go to $1800 max.
THANKS>>>>>>>>

You know, all these guys have given you some great advice.

Here is my $.02.

Here is the best "air" cpu cooler at the best price:

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/xp90-ret-21.html

Get a good 90/92mm fan and you are set. This is recommended by Angry_Games at DFI Street.

You can go for an Opty, but none of the mobo makers will officially support them. This is because AMD won't allow it.

As for memory, "value" of any brand is questionable. You say "everything A+"--- don't ruin it by buying cheap memory. It will come back to haunt you.

Also, you say you are not going to OC, but you are buying the chief of OC'ers -- DFI. So, you will no doubt change your mind soon.

I would agree with the suggestion to buy the Ultra-D. You can still use your X850XT or any other card, but since you are not going to use SLI, take the money that you save and buy your sound card.

One last tip, if you haven't visited DFI Street,

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php?

then you should. Great help for your DFI board.

I think I wil stick with the DFI.
Why not have a computer that can OC if I decide I want to start OC'ing? I mean if I'm spending this much money why not ????

k Here is what should get u started

DFI LP UT ULTRA-D $120
Opteron 165 $320
eVGA 7900GTX around $500
36GB Raptor $90
250GB Caviar about $110
G.Skill Dual Channel 2x1GB MAX $180
Viewsonic VX922 2ms $310
Thermaltake Tsunami $100
NEC 3550A DVD/RW+ $30
Saitek Eclipse and Logitech G5 $60-70
Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Music about $110
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers $60

and that adds up to about $1555

did i miss something? cause that seems to good of a system to be that cheap......****......american prices sure are different from canadian.

btw you can't mod the dfi ultra-d for sli anymore. none of the new mobos can be modded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom