cpu pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
is there a way to bend them back cause my cpu pins are bent.

it is an intel p4 2.8GHz socket 478.

another question if a pin is messed up on the motherboard in the ram slot is that going to make the motherboard not work if i don't use that slot?

Norcent said:
another question if a pin is messed up on the motherboard in the ram slot is that going to make the motherboard not work if i don't use that slot?

Can't see how it will if you dont use that slot however stranger things have happened.

BTW, whats up with all your equipment?

" lol this reminds me of the guy with the Fx-55 and vicegrips who pulled out all of the 939 pins."

that was an FX-53 but yeah, that was the first thread i saw when i joined TF. hilarious. use the end of a mechanical pencil without the lead in it. the ram slot shouldn't cause a problem unless the pin is so bent it shorts against another one

that didn't work as well as i thought cause i broke 2 pins and couldn't get the others straight without bending the others so i gave up.

Here is a tip for the future:

A tip passed on to me which seems to work quite well...

Use the end of a 0.5mm microlead pencil over the end of the pin and use the
pencil to gently lever the pin back into place. patience is a virtue and if
you're very gentle you should be ok.

I've snapped a pin on a P3 doing this and was a little upset seeing as I'd
just paid £120 for it, if you do snap one then there is nothing practical
that you can do to fix it.

well the pins where flat on the bottom and there is no way i could've got an end of a mechanical pencil down there.

it is my old processor anyway but i wanted to sell that to a friend cheap but can't now.

I never even messed with the pins for them to get bent either I haven't even moved or touched the cpu for 5 months and that cause i built it then and i was playing a game and boom my pc shut off and i checked the cpu and saw some damaged pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom