My day spent overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD memory controller doesn't support 1.5 cas timmings....

I already had the memory on a divider due to having 4 sticks and a Winchester core, I already know that the difference isn't actually as bad as it could be having the memory at a slower speed on a AMD 64.

It passed Prime95 with no errors, it is stable if they are true, but I would prefer to see superpi run on it.

:rolleyes:

that obviously wasn't anywhere near 24/7 settings as 1.84vcore will kill any 90nm AMD64 fabrication very very quickly if you wanna try running that sort of voltage through your processor for extended periods...anything over 1.7v on AMD64 is virtually impossible unless you're using dry ice, LN2 or cascades

Trifid - you have that core under water so I don't see what the issue is, you're only pushing slightly over stock (~1.3-1.4) through that when it can easily handle at least 1.5v if not upwards of 1.6vcore if you feel comfortable feeding it that much

also don't see what the issue is with lowering HTT multiplier as it's already been demonstrated that higher HTT doesn't account for anything except instability issues

try bumping up LDT voltage to either 1.3v or 1.4v and bumping up chipset to 1.7v...you may also wanna try looseing max async latency to 8 or possibly even 9ns if you are having issues with ram

Your board is far from an amazing overclocking though

yea i ran a vcore of about 1.81 on my 4400 (on air) for about 5 minutes. just so i could push it to 3.0ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom