New Computer Build Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a 12v 4 Pin adapter. Now when I plug that in nothing happens. The case fans barely jerk and that is all. Without the 4 Pin 12v plugged in I have the same problem as before.

-Nathan

im not sure that compares to a true atx +12v connector , your psu have an 8pin connector .. its 4+4 detachable , detach and plug one of em

as for the ide connector , the blue to the mobo , the grey to the slave device , the black to the master device

Ahhhh.....boy do I feel smart....:confused: Ok I have all the power connectors in, but still same results. What else could be wrong?

cyrax said:
In that picture, what is the single long IDE cable? Because I have three optical drives, and I was gonna use one of the double ones and that single, but the single one is two small to fit.[/B]

If it is smaller (width wise) than an IDE cable, Then it is likely the FLOPPY cable, for 3.5" floppy drives.

are you sure you got that DFI mobo? at this thread just few minutes ago http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101972 you said you got n msi k8n diamond plus so im kinda confused :beard: , anyway try a minimal boot just the video card/1 stick of ram/and of course the processor itself :eek:

rockeyman2 said:
I cannot open the CD drive unless I disconnect the IDE cable from it. With only the power cable connected it opens fine. I have tried another IDE cable with the same results. Any ideas?
you connected it upside down to the drive or mobo

right , my bad the nick was similar
anyway did you try a minimal boot? also a *healthy* mobo should beep when theres no ram so get the ram out and see if that happens (of course the case speaker must be connected to the mobo so youll be able to hear it)

you most likely do , nearly all cases have a little speaker for this sorta things , but in alot of em its hidden in the front behind the power/reset button , just a little led wire like the reset one , should have red/black wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom