G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can manage to sell it when the new ones come out, then by all means go buy it. If you can't sell it when G80s come out, or won't be able to, then no, don't buy it right now.

IMO, the second the G80s come out will be the best time to buy a videocard for a long time. It'll be a while (6 months) before something better comes out and anyone who's been following hardware recently knows how much of a blessing that will be.

Then we have the PhysX card driving up prices $250...not good.

Well, it's either I buy a 6600/GT, or a 7600GT now, or just buy a 7900GT. I don't really want to buy a high-end card and risk selling it for a lot cheaper. At least if I buy a low cost card, it won't really matter how much I lose on it. What do you suggest?

Can someone help me clear one thing up please? If I have Windows XP running on my computer and I install a DX10 card will my computer still work? I know that it will not be able to take advantage of the DX10 capabilities but will it work until Vista comes out? Like will it still use the DX9 functions that Windows XP supports? Thanks guys, really appreicate it.

You can still run your DX10 card in XP. Its like having a DX9 card (IE 7900GT) in Windows 95. I know one thing guranteed though, there will NOT be a DX10 for XP users period. Other then that guys upgrade if you will to either your 7900s or G80s. Dosent matter. Just remember though, its still all speculation and everything can change to what were thinking.

well, i got just one question.

sure you will have to spend atleast $300+ on a nex dx10 vga card, but how much will vista cost? Becuase that would really suck spending $300 on a dx10 card then having to spend $200+ on the new os.

look for the G80 to be 500+ Upwards...the x1900xtx finally broke into the 400 mark awhile ago...and Vista Im guessing will be 200 unless, MS is nice and puts it at 150...But we dont know yet..

To some of us it would be "free" im guessing. Most ppl will have a new video card befor they get Vista and others will get Vista w/ what they have now.

Nvidia will have released new, low-end GeForce 8 cards (GeForce 8600GT?) by the time Vista is released in early 2007, so you just sit tight and wait if you're not up to the top-of-the-line stuff, its not like you're going to need it.

Windows Vista is supposed to be $200 for the complete version, with everything there and nothing taken out or missing.

One more thing you need to remember is that integrated graphics will also work. You don't need to spend $500 on a DX10 videocard, integrated graphics will do fine, just not for gaming.

Also, I'm not going to read the whole thread, but you don't need a DX10/G80 card to run Windows Vista, that you can do on your current GeForce 6600 or something. Just to run DX10 games, you'll need a DX10 card.

Whoo, it's been a while since I've posted here, heh. (My ancient siggy can tell you that). However, this post simply enthralled me to make a response.

This is just my theory and perspective, but in my mind, all video-cards are a joke. In fact, I imagine nVidia, ATI, all such meglomaniac corporations already have produced, or have the capabilities, of producing DX10 cards. Video cards are released so frequently, and have so many different types and, "step-ups", in a series that it should be obvious that it's all a marketing ploy. They release card after card which is supposed to be better than the previous card to continue to have people throw away money to stay on the highest end of performance. I bet it's at the point of where capabilities to release future proof cards that would simply last for two years, at top performance, or so are there, but they wouldn't do something like that; because, they are all in it for our money.

Another thing I often ponder is the concept of more and more visually appealing video-games. If the technology doesn't improve, in how video-games are made, then I believe we'll eventually be at a stand-still for increasingly improved graphics. Every title with better and better visuals requires more and more time to make. Honestly, will we-the-fellow-gamers, stand for video-games that require ten years to complete? Not to mention, I'm tired of all the half-assed, "we're-so-pretty-but-our-budget-only-went-to-visuals-so-we-sacrificed-the-quality-and-integrity-of-our-games-to-be-the-prettiest", video-games.

Final note & Prediction: PS3 is going to blow...heheh, the release date was already pushed back on it; because, it's specs couldn't compete with an already released infamous system...which 99% of the released system's games suck any way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom