Windows Explorer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwinn3

Baseband Member
IÂ’m having a problem accessing the My Computer and/or My Pictures folder. Everytime I select either of these folders I get a Windows Explorer error report:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

After IÂ’ve followed the "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send" prompts within this error report it allows me to access the above folders. Why is this happening?

IÂ’ve done a complete regimen of Virus scans: Norton Antivirus, Windows Live Security Center, Windows Defender and Spyware scans: Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Spyware Guard; IÂ’ve even checked my registry using TweakNow RegCleaner 2.6.9 and Norton SystemWorks. All came up clean. My Windows XP is completely up to date with current updates.

Is there a way to repair Windows Explorer?

My System specs are as follows:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
1.53 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
Board: ECS L7VMM3 3.1
Hard drive 80.00 GB

maybe there is so many files in the folders, and Windows cannot read it fast enough...

can you paste the contents of the error report here?

talldude123 said:
maybe there is so many files in the folders, and Windows cannot read it fast enough...

can you paste the contents of the error report here?

Talldude:
No I don't believe that's it because My Computer only has about the average amount of programs in it and My Pictures only have two folders in it. But here is the attachment with the screenshot anyway.

Attachments

• screenshot002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 49
Warez Monster said:
turn windows error reporting off

Warez Monster:

I really don't want to disable Windows Error Reporting "Windows Error Reporting (WER), introduced with Windows XP, lets users send detailed reports when programs crash and lets vendors inform users of fixes and workarounds for reported errors," and besides doing so wouldn't correct the behaviour would it?

in some cases, yes it does fix problems. Its not a needed service, its just one more thing you need to look out for. It might fix it, it might not, but its always worth a try

Warez Monster:
Nope. Turning off the Error Reporting Service didn't do it. I opened up the Control Panel, went to Administrative Tools, then Services and finally to Error Reporting Services. I stopped the service and restarted my computer. After boot-up, I tried to access My Computer from the Start Menu and it did the same thing, i.e., Windows Explorer Error.

Warez Monster:

Here's my HiJackThis log:

Attachments

• startuplist.txt
    12 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom