Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentali$T said:
right i just downloaded a calculator to work out everything and i got:

HTT: 230
my multiplier is at 11x
LDT multiplier 5x
ram divider: 9/10

this then gives me: cpu speed of 2530Mhz HTT = 1150mhz and RAM at 207Mhz. does that sound good?
im hoping on overclocking tomorrow so if someone could tell me if the above is ok or not that would be good. thanks.

Google up A64 Memfreq by goddh0r as it will calculate all memory frequencies with specific memory dividers and HTT speeds

But is what i said ok? it probably is, i used a calculator to do it, i just dont want to do anything wrong that might screw up my pc.

You need to put the HTT multi to 4x otherwise it will be unstable, you can't go over 2000mhz with it.

Check that the PCI lock is on as well. You want it at 33.33 mhz otherwise the PC will be unstable, and the sata drives may become corrupt - like what happened when I first overclocked a while ago.

Don't have anything as auto, as I don't trust it. I have however left my ram on auto, as my board will only pump out .05v more than it supports.

Don't just go straight up to that speed. I went up in incrememnts of 5mhz on the bus speed a time.

Trifid said:
You need to put the HTT multi to 4x otherwise it will be unstable, you can't go over 2000mhz with it.

But with it on 5x it only goes up to 1150mhz. or does having the multi on 5x in general make it unstable?

i would also like to know how did your hdd's get corrupted? i really dont want this to happen as i have only just finished installing everthing on this pc.

Yeah its probably a good idea to go up in steps.

thanks

The RAM is double data rate, so 1150 * 2 is 2300 way above the stable speed.

Just ensure that the PCI lock is on, may also be locked by its speed at 33mhz. I think it happens due to the SATA working on the PCI link to the CPU, so when you increase the bus speed with the lock off, it will be increasing the speed of the SATA link, which it doesn't like. So causing data to become corrupt.

I had a good couple of days of the overclock working fine with the PCI lock off, and data becoming corrupt every time I turned the PC on, getting to the point where it couldn't finish off the boot. I ignored the warning signs and carried on as usual and didn't back up my work. :(

Oh ok then ill do 4x.

So as long as i make sure the pci lock is on at 33mhz i should be ok yeah?

ok does this look better?

CPU HTT: 230Mhz
CPU multi: 11x
LDT multi: 4x
RAM divider: 9/10

and making the final speeds as:

CPU: 2530Mhz
HHT bus: 920
RAM: 207Mhz

Will that be stable?

and is the divider meant to be like i have above or 10/9?

10/9 will be the one you want, so for every 10mhz the bus speed is the ram is at 9 (mine isn't like that, it tells me the speed...)

I can't really say, yes it will be stable, you have to work your way through it, checking stability with prime95 for 20mins or so, and then go further if it is stable.

I spent about 3 hours getting my CPU to 2160 from 1800, with a couple of rounds of CS for fun and game stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom