how do i get my tv card to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetry8

Baseband Member
hi, i brought a pc from my cousin about 6 months ago. when i opened it up recently to install a new network card i noticed tht it has a tv card plugged in. there are no software programmes installed for this but the card is detected when i use lavalys everest ultimate edition. how do i get the card to work, do i need software or something, or a driver or maybe both? how do i get to watch tv on my pc. i did a little research but the only info i could find was tht the tv card is phillips 3139 147 13721c#, it also reads f11246 mk2/ph hm, sv239906. there is a chip on the card which reads bt848akpf,video decoder,bh8891 3 9904,korea. can anyone help me?

LOL :D ,and you found out only after you opend the case? you could have notice that months ago its really easy to spot the connectors at the back of the case..

anyway the best driver for bt848 based cards is btwincap
http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/ youll need to select the right tuner in order for it to work properly (youll find that info on the card itself) , if you alredy have a driver installed for it then btwincap will automatically uninstall it first and then after restart youll need to re-run it to install , anyway after its done to view tv use dscaler http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

edit and naturally its not automatic , youll have to connect the cable between the card to the...you know , also youll need to use a 3.5mm-->3.5mm cable for audio and plug one end to the tv card audio out and one to the onboard audio/card line in or use a 4pin audio cable (like the ones used with opticals) between the card to the onboard audio/card input..

hi,thanks for your help. i have tried to install btwincap but during the process it says it cannot be verified by windows to be suitable for windows xp. it gives the option to stop installation or continue anyway. which should i choose. i have windows xp?

believe me its suitable , its just not digitally signed by MS do *continue anyway*

ok i have installed the driver now i just need to install dscaler, how do the people on here know so much. do u/they work in programming or is it just knowledge they have picked up over time? lol

hi again,i clicked your link for the dscaler programme. i clicked to download from sourceforge and saved the file,it has downloaded and i clicked open,but what do i now click to install the dscaler programme?

ah ha, thanks dude i have done it. the programme is now installed,all i need now is a new cable from my digi box to my pc and i should b in buisness. im gonna go and post another article now to see if anyone can help me flash my bios. again, thanks for your help.

you welcome :) , considering its a digital i suggest youll connect it this way
video - im pretty sure your cable box & tv card have svideo.. use an svideo cable between the box to the card , and set the input right in dscaler
audio - use 2rca-->3.5mm cable between the box to the pc audio line or use 2rca-->2rca cable and connect between the box to the stereo system/reciever

of course youll still have to switch channels using the remote you wont be able to it with dscaler when its connected this way^ , i dont think an analog tv card will work well with a digital cable box when connected the regular way (with an RF/CATV cable that is) thats why i suggested the svideo way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom