G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so:

1. When is Vista set to arrive?
2. Is it possible to have a DX9 card and still use Vista?
3. Is it possible to play DX10 games with a DX9 card?
EDIT: 4. If you have Vista, and you have a LAN game, will other people have to have Vista to be able to play together?

Sorry if those have been answered already, but I just need to clear this up.

NeedAcpu said:
P.P. Mguire you are wrong. You will need a dx10 card to play dx10 games. Please do some more research before telling me I am wrong.

i think u r very wrong, dx9 card will be able to play dx10 games.

dx7 card like geforce2 or geforce40mx can run some dx9 games like need for speed most wanted or half life 2.

cyrax said:
Ok, so:

1. When is Vista set to arrive?
2. Is it possible to have a DX9 card and still use Vista?
3. Is it possible to play DX10 games with a DX9 card?
EDIT: 4. If you have Vista, and you have a LAN game, will other people have to have Vista to be able to play together?

Sorry if those have been answered already, but I just need to clear this up.

1- it will arrive on january 2007
2-yes 100%, and u can use Aero glass with dx9
3-i think u can.
4-i don't know

It will be able to run them (i think), just with all the DX10 features disabled. Kind of like running FEAR in DX8 mode or HL2 in DX7 mode.

i say we get the geforce 8 anyway... so the first may be g71 based.. it'll have dx10... and you know, slapped with a physics card you'll be dishing out awesome gameplay like the ps3... i saw dx7 compaired to dx10 in cod2... it look horrible with dx7.. didnt have that awesome looking smoke, and models looked a tad bit worse..

and whats so great about shader model 4.0... i was playing splinter cell the other day.. and shader model 1.1 looks almost no different from shader model 3.0.... and the only difference was probably only because 1.1 allowed me to use anti-aliasing.. while 3.0 didnt.. it just gave me soft shadows and some other lil things.

WOW, after reading this thread, i'm deciding to stick with my 7800gtx until vista's release. when vista comes out, i'm buying me a g80 :D.

knowing me.... i'll get the first g80.... then i'll get the second one or 8900 gtx or whatever.... oh how i love to spend what lil money i have -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom