need help finding a part

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked into getting the part directly from them, they won't sell parts like this directly to the public.. they want people to send their 'puters in to them to get repairs done. (so they can charge crazy money for simple repairs)

ImAnAardvark said:
I've looked into getting the part directly from them, they won't sell parts like this directly to the public.. they want people to send their 'puters in to them to get repairs done. (so they can charge crazy money for simple repairs)

That's how they do their repairs. It's hard to get around it when you have a computer from a big company such as that. Yes, big computer companies are a pain to repair. Maybe ebay?

I hate HP, they make cheap things expensive, and 99% of them have problems within a few years. I know Dell makes it a lot easier and less expensive to replace parts for laptops, you don't have to buy the parts from Dell; I had to replace a hard drive on mine. I don't know a lot of American stores/sites as I am Australian, but I hope you find an audio jack.

how old/new is the laptop?

try ebay, most people sell laptops for parts, u might have some luck there if all you need is that one part. And if you end up needing to spend the 50 bucks or so on a broken one, you will also have other parts from that computer which can be used later on down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom