G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cyrax said:
Wait, so even if the G80 is out in June, you can't use it because it only runs on Vista? Or do you mean DX10 only runs on Vista, and you have to wait until Vista is out to use DX10 on the G80?

That is what I am wondering as well. Can someone clarify on this please? Thanks.

A dx10 card will be able to play any game. A dx9 card won't be able to play any dx10 games.

And to play a dx10 game you will need windows vista.

yeah seriously fr34ky ur sig is trippy, i looked at it and didnt even bother trying to read it........:s

Either way, don't expect it to be cheap. Just because it can be produced for cheaper, doesn't mean that Nvidia and ATI will sell it for a lot less money. A 7900GT is a very very solid card, and will surely last you till vista when you can use the G80's since Windows XP doesn't even support DX10, I'm not sure why Nvidia is rushing these out since they can't be used until late 2006/ early 2007 when Vista is released.
Its so idiots can get hyped up about it and get the latest and greatest. DX10 support is just something to say over ATI so idiots will buy it.
Wait, so even if the G80 is out in June, you can't use it because it only runs on Vista? Or do you mean DX10 only runs on Vista, and you have to wait until Vista is out to use DX10 on the G80?
You can only run DX10 on Vista. The cards will be able to be run w/ any DX just like previous cards. Its just the program thats not backwards compatible.
Ill wait for benchmarks, but I will probably go ahead and make the upgrade to the G80. These new games (Oblivion) comming out are already giving non-SLI 7900 series cards a run for its money at max settings at 1280x960 or higher.
Not true, i run an AGP 7800GS and kick Oblivion in the *** 1920x1200.
A dx10 card will be able to play any game. A dx9 card won't be able to play any dx10 games.
Thats like saying my DX8.1 5600ultra cant play HL2 cause its DX9c. Totaly wrong. You can play it just w/out all the pretty eye candy. Like on Oblivion my 7800GS can use HDR and all that spiffy stuff yet my 9800XT cant. An FX5200 can play Halo on DX9 graphics (it sucks but it can) but my Geforce3 TI500 cant. It lowers it to 8.1 because the TI500 is not compatible w/ the DX9 system.

Is every game that comes out after DX10's realease only going to support DX10?
Yes, its like all the games now are DX9c. Well after DX10 is released most all games will already have been being programed for the DX10 interface.

P.P. Mguire you are wrong. You will need a dx10 card to play dx10 games. Please do some more research before telling me I am wrong.

According to this were all wrong.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6143883/p-4.html
They are saying for the full 3d desktop and Vista features such as if a game crashes the desktop is still 3d you will need a DX10 card. Why? Because it uses different features and a different type of "split" driver so the resources can be used efficiently. It will also have its own hunk of system ram that it can use to improve textures that are huge. Yea, im thinking the DX9c era is going to be over ounce this takes fold. Also according to that page Vista is shipping w/ DX10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom