Im so nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first computer a few weeks ago. It was a breeze putting everything together. You can check your cpu speed from your bios or there are some programs you can download to monitor it(although the names of them have slipped my mind).

Me too! Actually I have everything except for my eVGA 7900GT which Newegg.com got in stock today, so I ordered one today with rush shipping and processing, hopefully it comes before I leave this Saturday. I'm pretty nervous too, but I'm going to be extra careful so I'm not that concerned.

Brtnboarder495 said:
Me too! Actually I have everything except for my eVGA 7900GT which Newegg.com got in stock today, so I ordered one today with rush shipping and processing, hopefully it comes before I leave this Saturday. I'm pretty nervous too, but I'm going to be extra careful so I'm not that concerned.

OMG! The manual for this case sucks. Iy doesn't evenb tell you how to hook up the case fan to the powersupply

badmojo77 said:
OMG! The manual for this case sucks. Iy doesn't evenb tell you how to hook up the case fan to the powersupply

It plugs into one of the molex connectors that come off the powersupply.

So that you can not plug something else into it. Its there so you dont "loose" a plug for just the fan. Just do not plug the hard drive with that chain or you will have issues.

SHAWN said:
So that you can not plug something else into it. Its there so you dont "loose" a plug for just the fan. Just do not plug the hard drive with that chain or you will have issues.

ok cool..solves that now. I have 2 1 gig sticks of memory. There is 4 slots, I take it I plug the first one into DIMM A1 and the second into DIMM B1?

Its depends on your motherboard. It will tell you which slots to put them in, just check the motherboard manual.

badmojo77 said:
See, thats what I am tallking about.. how do you know how hot your proc runs at?? I know nothing

You can usually look in the BIOS what your temperatures are running at, or you're motherboard may have a utility on the driver disc to monitor temps.

I kinda like to use MBM (MotherBoardMonitor) to keep tabs on my temps, hasnt failed me yet, and ive had someone use a tester on my pc and it was only off by 1 degree.

Im curious how it went, should be running by this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom