Building Computer as we speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentali$T said:
when i got my cpu i didnt hav any other thermal paste so i kept wat came on the hsf. my temps are at about 38 idle will these temps lower after a week or so?
anyone know?

I used the stock stuff on the heatsinc with my AMD Athlon 3200+, and I'm getting about 21*C at idle, around 35*C at full load.

hmmm well i am going to overclocking but not that much. im getting new hsf anyway soon so that will keep it cool.

john3 said:
im getting AS5, and also the Opteron 165, so does the Opty come with the thermal pad? and wtf do i get 90%+ Isopropyl Alcohol.

Check your local drugstore. If not you could always use 70% isopropyl alcohol. Just make sure you give it more time to dry as it has a higher water content. Or you could order some arctic clean online.

badmojo77 said:
Nope, Nothing... Just a...omg is this it? It is small gray square, is that what they are talkig about?

Yes, thats it. Unless you ordered Thermal Paste, don't dare touch that paste. You even smudge it, your CPU will burn. If you have Thermal Paste, however, feel free to clean that off and apply the paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom