My day spent overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I have spent the last few hours overclocking and here are my results...

I started off at 1810mhz on my AMD 64 3000 and here are the results from super pi to 1m

1m1810.jpg

I don't have a picture of it, but I got 97/98fps in the CS stress test.

2025mhz:
2025mhz1m.jpg

2070mhz
2070mhz1m.jpg

2070cs.jpg

2115mhz
21151m.jpg

2115cs.jpg

And here I am now at 2160 mhz...

2160cpuz.jpg

21601m.jpg

2160cs.jpg

As you can see, my super pi time has not improved on the last one, and my CS frame rate has also barely increased. I have upped the Vcore to 1.425 and it hasn't improved. The ram is still underclocked at 196mhz. Do you think I hit my peak speed at 2115mhz?

You can get a whole lot more out of that processor. I got a 3200 2.0ghz to 2.55ghz stable. You should see 2.4ghz no problem.

I know I should, my friend brought the same processor at the same time and got it to 2.6 with his ram holding him back.

Also the PCI lock, I set the PCI sync thingy to 33mhz, this is defiantly the PCI lock? I don't want to have to re instal windows again.

(My first attempt at overclocking my CPU multi went down to 7x - not good start. lol)

Edit: also, what should be the standard voltage for RAM, as I have left it on auto...)

My ram says 2.55V-2.65V for supported voltages.

Trifid said:
I know I should, my friend brought the same processor at the same time and got it to 2.6 with his ram holding him back.

Also the PCI lock, I set the PCI sync thingy to 33mhz, this is defiantly the PCI lock? I don't want to have to re instal windows again.

(My first attempt at overclocking my CPU multi went down to 7x - not good start. lol)

Edit: also, what should be the standard voltage for RAM, as I have left it on auto...)

My ram says 2.55V-2.65V for supported voltages.

Umm I dont think it is his ram holding him back that is the max he probaly can do stable.What resolution were you using In cs:s and cant you do a litlle more demandinggame than source.

i think on x-s there is a 3000 that is prime stable at 3.45ghz on 1.84 volts. so you should see a lot more out of that.

Um does anyone not notice its a winchester core? I havent seen many of those hit hi oc's. My friend got his 3200 winchester to 2.2ghz from stock , but got his 3200 to 2.8ghz from 2.0ghz no problem. I'm probably wrong but I thought the cores, what week it is, and stepping had to do with oc....

The Venice cores have a varied overclocking ability, getting higher than the Winchesters in the early days, but the winchesters all seem to be able to get to 2.6 happily.

I ran Prime95 for an hour and a half this morning with no errors or warnings. I will persist with it. My next step will be 250 bus speed, where it will need the htt multi put to 3x :(

I want to know about my ram still though. What should I set as the voltage from those digits I said? I will be keeping my ram as close to 200mhz as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom