New computer setup wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read somewhere that the mobo has trouble reading different sticks.. but thats only for 4 sticks..

i doubt its the problem.. try just one stick.. hehe..

This is also my first time hooking up ATA drives too. Do both plugs on the back need to be plugged in and a 4 pin as well? Thats how I set it set up atleast

well thats a sata2 drive.. so 3 plugs altogether?! weird..

but that shouldn't prevent you from going into the bios...

the mobo have a 4pin connector , did you connect the plug to it? its a must , also did you connect the power plug to the video card? , your assumption on the psu is wrong , just cuz it powers up the parts it doesnt mean its providing enough power and considering you got a power hungry processor & radeon 9800 pro & the fact 350w psus have very low amp ratings , i highly doubt a 350w is enough, youll probably need to get a new psu and the minimum youll like to spend is 55$ , i suggest youll get one these
http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=productpage&pn=TPII430
http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=productpage&pn=TPII480

well your vid card was working on your old comp right?! and same with the ram? if thats true then i don't think so.

it could be either your mobo or cpu... i don't have much experience with doa products... but it could be your motherboard.. if you have a friend witha 939 socket comp they can test out your parts for you...

Yes everything is connected. So it COULD be the psu hmm thanks for the info. Looks like ill be returning all these parts most likely as I cant afford a new psu right now and I wont for awhile. Unemployment is depressing

must be one of these
1) the psu doesnt cut it (i defintly think this is the issue)
2) you didnt connect the 4pin plug to the mobo
3) you got a DOA mobo (i dont think thats the case)

as for the hard drive , your not suppost to use both regular & sata power plugs at once , only 1 of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom