dumprep 0 -u???

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hi my first post:)

well i seem to have caught something and can't get rid of it. The file name is dumprep 0 -u.

I found it my looking in my system configuration startup tab. I unchecked it but when i restarted my computer it rechecked itself. The reason I didn't post in the virus section is because the same issue was posted in this section a while back but it wasn't answered enough for me to do anything about it.

old tread

I updated and ran micrsoft antispyware, spybot search and destory, outpost firewall, and i cleaned up my registry with Tweaknow. Done of them found the file.

Also, I havn't experinced any problems except memory errors which i think is due to the power surge I had a couple of nights ago. :(
I havn't installed anything for a while so im pretty sure its not supposed to be there.

Can someone please help me figure out what this is and how to get rid of it.

Thanx

you made a new username?

according to google, it seems to not be a virus, and an okay thing. The 0 -u at the end is probably just computer language.

no i just found this site a while back...this is my only account.

So if it is okay why can't I uncheck it under msconfig startup?

I have never seen this file in my startup programs until about a week ago.

So would it really mean one of my hard drvies might give out(read old thread link for more info)???

As a post in that link states:

Description:
dumprep.exe forms a part of Microsoft Windows XP (and later versions), in-built fault logging software. Upon serious errors this program will write the details to a text file and request the information be sent to Microsoft. This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for third party use.

you can disable it from startup, but it will always come on when a program crashes... it writes a log. I'm not sure why it would come up in startup though... take it out.

I think you are right because when i booted my computer today...dumprep was unchecked and not running.

I just didn't want a virus or adware on my computer since ive got a LAN party this weekend. :)

Thanx for the help

yea... dumprep is a normal process. Nothin to worry about. It is actually very helpful... it writes a very detailed log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom