Computer monitor not turning on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know the computer does POST. When I turn it on, the monitor button just stays orange, like its not even recieving the signal to come on. The fans on my computer turn on just fine, along with everything else.

I don't have a volt meter. The power coming from the wall is working just fine. I have my Xbox 360 plugged into the same outlet, no surge protector. The motherboard does have a digital LED onboard. It isn't coding anything special. When I go to turn it on and this no monitor thing happens, it gets to the point where it says that the defaults have been loaded and to hit F1 to continue. That's what the LED is indicating.

HDD: IDE
Cd Drives: I have 2 x CD-R/RW combo drives and a DVD reader
USB: The only USB device I have plugged in when I go to turn on the computer is my mouse. Logitech G5.

As far as the power supply goes it is an Xfinity 600 Watt.

lodfreak said:
As far as I know the computer does POST. When I turn it on, the monitor button just stays orange, like its not even recieving the signal to come on. The fans on my computer turn on just fine, along with everything else.
Ok, Translation, it turns on and stays on, and no vid sig.

lodfreak said:
I don't have a volt meter.
Thats just a shame, cause I know how absolutly expensive they are, I mean gezzzz to think if you could just build your own you'd be rich.... ohhh wait I've seen kits to build your own for like 5 bucks. Go buy a cheapy.

lodfreak said:
The power coming from the wall is working just fine. I have my Xbox 360 plugged into the same outlet, no surge protector.
Ehh, I bet if I hit you in the head with a bat .... that the bat would break. That comment you just said is like saying I don't why my dog is dying, when my cat does just fine off the same amount of food.

lodfreak said:
The motherboard does have a digital LED onboard. It isn't coding anything special. When I go to turn it on and this no monitor thing happens, it gets to the point where it says that the defaults have been loaded and to hit F1 to continue.
Now thats biggest peice of information so far, now we know that it has posted, and the motherboard is functioning, now for some reason the either the motherboard isn't initializing the pci-e slot quite right, or the video just isn't recieving the power or inting right. NOW, this takes us down to 3 things PSU/power, Motherboard, Video card.

It says 'defaults have been loaded and to hit F1 to continue. ' when you boot normally or does it only do this when it has no signal? Have you hit f1 while its stuck to see where it takes you? In the bios there are some power off options, one of those might be the cause of all this, look for anything that has to do with video and power off, and change that. If theres a load safe settings in your bios you might try that. GET A VOLTMETER test your power, test the volts on a molex, and/or get a good power supply tester(that'd be the one that tests the individual voltages.)

ultra-xfinity-600w-titanium
That the psu?

Sui said:
Ok, Translation, it turns on and stays on, and no vid sig.

Yes.

Originally posted by Sui
Thats just a shame, cause I know how absolutly expensive they are, I mean gezzzz to think if you could just build your own you'd be rich.... ohhh wait I've seen kits to build your own for like 5 bucks. Go buy a cheapy.

Never thought about it. I detect a bit of sarcasm.

Originally posted by Sui
Ehh, I bet if I hit you in the head with a bat .... that the bat would break. That comment you just said is like saying I don't why my dog is dying, when my cat does just fine off the same amount of food.

Yay, more sarcasm, just what I wanted. I was just answering your question.

Originally posted by Sui
Now thats biggest peice of information so far, now we know that it has posted, and the motherboard is functioning, now for some reason the either the motherboard isn't initializing the pci-e slot quite right, or the video just isn't recieving the power or inting right. NOW, this takes us down to 3 things PSU/power, Motherboard, Video card.

My next bet was going to be the PSU. Would it not initialize the PCI-E slot the same way on 2 totally different motherboards? I sent the graphics card to the RMA department and they sent me a brand new card.

Originally posted by Sui
It says 'defaults have been loaded and to hit F1 to continue. ' when you boot normally or does it only do this when it has no signal? Have you hit f1 while its stuck to see where it takes you? In the bios there are some power off options, one of those might be the cause of all this, look for anything that has to do with video and power off, and change that. If theres a load safe settings in your bios you might try that. GET A VOLTMETER test your power, test the volts on a molex, and/or get a good power supply tester(that'd be the one that tests the individual voltages.)

Tried hitting F1 when it gets to that part. Still stuck, nothing appears.

Originally posted by Sui
ultra-xfinity-600w-titanium
That the psu?

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom