Overclocking CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentali$T

Daemon Poster
In a week or so i am going to be overclocking my cpu (X2 4400+) a little not too much though. i want it to be at about 2.4/5 with my stock cooling. is that a bad idea or should i wait to get a new hsf?

anyway i have read through a h3ll of a lot of stickies on various forums about overclocking so i understand how it works. does anyone have a 4400+ that they have overclocked? if so whats your highest with stock cooling and what vcore and speed is it at? all the info you can give me please.

The only thing im really concerned about is when i up the htt this will affect my RAM yes? i only have kingston valueram so this isnt good for overclocking how can i make the cpu faster without making the ram unstable?

EDIT: would it be easier to use AI overclocking? will i have a problem with the RAM if i use that?

Thanks

Keep your voltages under 1.6V for the CPU and keep the full load temp under 50*C and your fine. I'd say you can push it that far on stock cooling. When your ram is overclocked and it's giving you problems either loosen the timings, up the voltage or use a ram divider. I'm too lazy to explain how a ram divider works so here's a good guide: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=149717

Hope that helps.

thanks. does anyone have a 4400+ that they hav overclocked on hsf? btw i heard that by doing the ram divider thing it doesnt give good performance. i saw it on majorgeeks.com (or co.uk) is this that right?

my 165 is at 2.8GHz from 1.8 stock, on air cooling. your goal should be very easy.

ok then. so when i overclock the cpu to wat i want, should i do this in the bios. how do i do the ram divider is that in the same place? oh and does anyone know where i can get one of those calculators so i know exactly wat i need to do. Thanks

you'd set the RAM divider so that the RAM runs at a lower speed to the CPU's HTT, then set the CPU's HTT accordingly to the divider.

for example, if your RAM can reach 220MHZ, but your CPU higfher, you can set your RAM divider to 4:5
then set your CPU's HTT to 5/4 times 220MHZ = 275MHZ
so your RAM still runs at 220MHZ, but your CPU's HTT at 275

ok that is quite confusing. i dont really get it :s. i just want my cpu running at 2.5/6ghz with my ram at the same speed. would u b able to tell wat to do from my specs in sig or would u need more info? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom