My fans go of periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yolkz

In Runtime
About every 5-10 minutes my fans on my pc go on for a minute then turn off. This is a brand new computer laptop and I'm worried that they will get wore out by doing this. Is this normal. I have my computer right next to a open window and its cool.

This is normal. When a certain temperature is reached, the fans kick on and kick off when it is controlled. This is a power saver and noise saver as well. There is no need to be concerned.

The fan should spin constantly. Some fan have sensor that can pick up the temperature inside your computer case and adjust it's speed. But turning off by it self is not normal unless the fan is about to die or it's not getting enough power from the powersupply or the motherboard (whereever you have it plug into).

Forgot to mention. It should not turn off, but rather slow down if the temperature is cooled. You might have to check your BIOS setting, might be a feature in there that controls these fan, the reason why it is turning on and off.

I'm talkin to some people on mirc they say their fans go on and off as well.

What kind of fan is this. I only have 1 fan on my system and it's just on at 2200 RPM, doesn't slow down or stop. My system is liquid cooled. Never had or heard them going on and off, maybe I might be wrong.

LOL, you got me today man, sorry I missed that you had a laptop, man I'm stupid. I have an acer laptop and the fans goes off and on. So yea laptops are suppose to be quiet so the fan can go on and off. That's why I was thinking what kind of fan if it was for a desktop would go on and off. LOL.

If you want you can set the fan to always be on, I think it's in BIOS setting or if your laptop is an acer check the acer manager.

LOL, I need to read the post more carefully next time. The problem is I read very fast and I tend to miss the point. DOH! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom