Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are MASTER / SLAVE / CABLE SELECT jumper settings for BOTH hard drives AND optical (CD & DVD) drives.

Let us know if you are able to resolve the problem.
When you boot your computer, do both drives show up in the POST??

Ok i have now hooked up both the optical drives but when i went into the bios neither of them showed up :s. i dont know what to do now. would you be able to tell me exactly what i need to do?

Thanks for all your help.

edit: i just realised both drives will open but in "my computer" only one drive shows up not the other one. I dont get this as in the bios nothing showed.

Ok im getting problems again :s.
I disabled the paging file and that just screwed up everything as nothing happened after xp loaded. so i had to boot up in safe mode and i changed it back to the recommended amount. Then when i rebooted it took ages for xp to load up and between there and the login screen. Also when i get to my desktop and get onto the internet, when i try loading firefox or IE it takes ages for that to load too. isnt dual core meant to stop this? all the other time everything is fine and dandy.

please help!

thanks.

thanks for that link jeremy it was really helpful. about the bios setting what am i to look for? should i just reset it? thanks

you welcome :) , scroll down (with the arrows of course) and select the hd then press enter , set all to *auto* except the last one set it to *disabled* then press *esc* , and goto exit-->exit & save changes
image17wu.jpg

the settings are already like that :s. is for the optical drives? lol. i think i jus t hav to set one to master and one slave. i stil couldnt find it in the link. i posted there tho.

Mentali$T said:
Ok im getting problems again :s.
I disabled the paging file and that just screwed up everything as nothing happened after xp loaded. so i had to boot up in safe mode and i changed it back to the recommended amount. Then when i rebooted it took ages for xp to load up and between there and the login screen. Also when i get to my desktop and get onto the internet, when i try loading firefox or IE it takes ages for that to load too. isnt dual core meant to stop this? all the other time everything is fine and dandy.

please help!

thanks.
how many programs do you run at once?
you have 1GB RAM, which is more than enough for most things. however it is often easy to fill up 1GB RAM if you have too many programs open.

go to start, run and run "msconfig"
and disable everything except for Antivirus etc...

that way, no more programs will open on startup than necessary, so you should be able to have paging file disabled, or at least set to a relatively low amount (256MB or so)

On my system, I have 1GB RAM, and paging file disabled, and it runs quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom